University Communications advances the reputation and priorities of the University of Arizona by producing and distributing news about the UA, managing relationships with the media and expanding public understanding of the value and land-grant mission of the UA at the local, regional, national and global level. The team acts as the primary liaison with the media and is responsible for identifying, producing, pitching and tracking news stories and multimedia content about the most significant achievements and activities across the university.
University Communications provides and/or produces the following:
- Media relations
- Strategic communications planning
- Issues management and crisis communications
- Media training
- UANow, a twice-weekly e-newsletter sent to more than 170,000 subscribers
- UANews – the central news website for the University of Arizona
- Lo Que Pasa, a weekly employee e-newsletter
- UA@Work – the central employee news website for the University of Arizona
- Master Calendar – the central calendar for the University of Arizona
- UAnnounce – the internal memo system for the University of Arizona
Location: University Services Building, Suite 413
Street address: 888 N. Euclid Ave.
Mailing address: P.O. Box 210158, Tucson, AZ 85721-0158